Traffic Citations

Traffic Citation

All traffic violations occurring within Ogden City limits and resulting in a traffic citation must be satisfied with the Ogden City Justice Court. Ogden City's Justice Court can only process charges made within Ogden City limits. If your citation was issued elsewhere in Weber County, please contact the court of the city in which the citation was issued.

Court Appearances

Most traffic violations do not require a court appearance. However, failure to appear or respond to a citation within 14 days will result in additional fines, an arrest warrant, and eventually, suspension of your license.

Paying a Traffic Citation

Traffic Citations should be paid within fourteen (14) days from the date of the citation. If you admit to the charge on your citation and wish to post bail (pay the ticket), you have the option of paying either in person, by mail, phone, or paying online for non-mandatory appearance violations.

You may pay your citation over the phone with a debit or credit card by calling 801-629-8560 or by mail by sending your citation along with your check or money order made out to the:

Ogden City Justice Court

310 26th Street

Ogden, Utah 84401

Deferred Traffic Prosecution

Are you interested in having your traffic citation dismissed? Go to for more information and to see if you qualify.

If you do not qualify for Deferred Traffic Prosecution, you may call the Utah Safety Council at 800-933-5943 to discuss with them the Defensive Driving Course to remove any accumulated points on your Utah Driver's License.

Appearing in Court

Some citations are classified as mandatory appearance violations because of their severity and risk to the public. To verify whether your citation requires you to appear in court, you can either check the court bail schedule or contact a court clerk who will be happy to assist you.

If you wish to contest the charge(s) on your citation and plead not guilty, you must contact the Justice Court within 14 days of the citation and request that a clerk assign you an initial court date. During your court appearance you may request a trial (with or without a jury). Your trial date will be set by the judge at that time.

Court dates can be set over the phone with an email address in which documents may be sent for electronic signature.