- After several years of planning, including extensive public input, Ogden City’s Make Ogden Downtown Master Plan was adopted in 2020 – establishing a 25-year vision to guide growth and development of downtown Ogden.
- The primary purposes of the Make Ogden Downtown Master Plan are to increase the City’s capacity to build sustainable economic vitality going forward, and to enhance the attractiveness of downtown by increasing the number of jobs, housing options, pedestrian activity, public transportation, one-of-a-kind stores/restaurants/venues, and the overall downtown experience – all powerful economic factors that will improve the lives of residents and bolster the City’s financial health and prosperity for generations to come.
- The six tenets of the Make OgdenDowntown Master Plan include:
- Real Estate and Land Use
- Historic and Cultural Assets
- Transportation and Mobility
- Parks and Open Space
- Social Equity
- Essential Services
These tenets (all critical for the success of downtown Ogden and focused on simultaneously) will be addressed through an orchestrated effort to promote the infill of the downtown core, preserve and enhance historic assets, attract employment, improve access to social services and amenities, coordinate public transit and open space systems, and provide variety and equity in housing opportunity.
- Currently, Ogden City Community and Economic Development is moving forward with several projects related to “Episode 1” of Make Ogden, including the WonderBlock Development, plans for an enhanced Union Station and surrounding campus, and a Downtown Parking Management System.
- Regular community events are currently ongoing to update the public on the status of the development activities associated with Make Ogden, and to solicit ideas that might improve implementation.