Do I need permission to trim my tree?

Yes, if the tree is located within City Right of Way, the Urban Forester must first assess the tree. The City has a crew that prunes, plants and removes trees located on City property however, at times may issue a permit to the resident for pruning. The best course of action is to call Parks at 801-629-8284. Learn more by viewing the

Ogden City Code.

Show All Answers

1. Can I remove the park strip tree in front of my home?
2. Do I need permission to trim my tree?
3. The tree in front of my home is getting too tall. Can I “top” this tree?
4. How do I know if the tree is mine or if it is a city tree?
5. Do I have to have a tree in my parking strip?
6. What type of tree will live without water?
7. What can I plant in my parking strip?
8. My tree is looking unhealthy. What can I do?
9. Can I still plant a tree under overhead utility lines?
10. Will the City provide a tree for my parking strip?
11. Why do I need a permit to plant a tree in my park strip?