Coronavirus Community Update
We are committed to delivering up to date information to you as it is made available. Please continue to check here and follow us on social media for the up to date information.
While it is uncertain what circumstances may arise as details unfold, we would like to express to citizens that we do not anticipate any interruption of critical City services such as public safety, water, sewer, and garbage service. Some services are altered in the way we provide them. A complete list is available in the menus and will continue to be updated as the situation evolves.
Ogden City is committed to responding to coronavirus (COVID-19) and its related economic impacts. For more information about Ogden City's business loan programs, business counseling, and other support, please visit the Ogden Business Information Center webpage.
Additional information and resources for businesses are provided on the State of Utah coronavirus website, which includes a Business Manual for operating during COVID-19 and information on financial resources.
Finally, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) continues to offer programs to assist businesses impacted by COVID-19; more details are available on the SBA webpage for COVID-19 relief programs.
- State of Utah Coronavirus Website (including information on testing and vaccinations) and Info Line (1-800-456-7707)
- Weber-Morgan Health Department
- Utah Emergency Rental Assistance: Available to help renters who are unable to pay rent due to circumstances related to COVID-19
- Unemployment Insurance
- Child Care Assistance
- Other Assistance: Information on food, rental, energy, and medical assistance
- Utility Assistance: For more information, visit Dominion Energy, Rocky Mountain Power, Comcast, and CenturyLink
- Health and human services referrals: United Way’s 211 service provides referrals to health and human services
- Disaster Distress Helpline: Resource for individuals who are experiencing mental distress